CGA performs a broad spectrum of services in the areas of income, gift, estate planning and administration, generation-skipping transfers and financial planning. The following are among the services provided by our estate and trust department:
- Developing, drafting and implementing estate plans for individuals and families through the use of complex wills and trusts;
- Working with corporate executives to design estate plans that minimize estate and income taxes;
- Assisting owners of closely-held businesses in providing for orderly transitions in business ownership - through buy-sell agreements, corporate restructuring and family estate and business succession planning - in such a way that the transfer to and continuation of the business by the future generation will meet their wishes;
- Administering decedents' estates and trusts, including assisting personal representatives in probate proceedings, providing postmortem estate planning and preparing federal estate and state inheritance tax returns;
- Assisting in lifetime planning to preserve family wealth through tax-favored planning techniques, including trusts, family partnerships and charitable giving.
Our estate and trust department works closely with our corporate and tax departments to fully advise our clients on all aspects of their personal and financial affairs. In addition, we work with our clients' other professional advisers, including accountants, trust officers and insurance professionals to assure the most effective use of planning resources.
Estate Planning Law Attorneys
Estate Planning Law Articles