The attorneys at CGA Law Firm are not only actively involved in numerous local nonprofit organizations, but many also serve as their legal counsel. These entities include charitable organizations, condominium associations and private clubs - each with their own unique legal challenges.
We assist our nonprofit clients through the process of forming an entity, structuring a board of directors, drafting bylaws and obtaining tax-exempt status. In addition, we ensure that as tax exempt organizations, they meet and maintain state requirements and complex IRS regulations, including annual reporting and corporate and tax filings. As counsel, we can also assist our nonprofit clients with governance, conflicts of interest, fiduciary duties, liability, risk management and insurance matters.
Nonprofit organizations are required to comply with state and federal employment laws. Our labor & employment law attorneys advise our clients on all aspects of employment laws and workers' compensation.
- Entity Formation
- Mergers and Affiliations
- Draft/Review Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation
- Applying for and Obtaining Tax-Exempt Status
- Governance and Compliance
- Real Estate and Sales Tax Exemption
- Employment Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Counseled a nonprofit organization in mergers, including the drafting of memorandums of understanding, due diligence, petitioning the court for approval and filing merger documentation with the Department of State
- Counseled a nonprofit in the acquisition and redevelopment of blighted properties in a southeast York neighborhood, including assistance with contract negotiation and environmental, real estate, land use and construction
- Counseled a nonprofit organization providing low-income housing, including representation of complex reorganization, entity formations and tax-exempt status
- Successfully defended local nonprofits with regard to state and federal discrimination claims
- Successfully resolved complex and sensitive UC tax compliance issues for a nonprofit
- Provide risk management consultation and advice to help prevent litigation, as well as full service defense for clients
Please contact CGA Law Firm for assistance at (717) 848-4900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.