Winning a federal contract bid is rewarding and exciting. However, this may subject your company to an audit by the Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (OCCP). CGA Law Firm understands this fact and has developed a procedure in counseling its federal contractor employers with implementing Affirmative Action Programs (AAP).
The AAP is a policy implemented at a federal contractor’s place of employment that promotes diversity in equal employment throughout the workplace. AAP should not be taken lightly. Carefully drafting the AAP and proper implementation of the program is of great importance to your company.
CGA Law Firm stays current on the latest OFCCP Regulations and can help with the proper drafting of an AAP. We will work with your company to properly implement the requirement of the AAP. Additionally, if an OFCCP audit uncovers any type of discrepancy, CGA Law Firm can represent your company in the negotiation of conciliation agreement with the OFCCP.
CGA Law Firm can provide the following services:
- Determine whether your company is covered by the Executive Order 11246 Section 5023 of the Rehabilitation Act or Vietnam Area Veterans to Readjustment Assistance Act.
- Carefully explain the three steps of the auditing process.
- Explain preparation of and implementation of Affirmative Action Programs in preparation for an audit.
- After the OFCCP has decided to perform an audit, CGA will use its knowledge and experience to carefully guide your company through the auditing process.
- If the OFCCP finds hiring discrepancies, CGA will provide your company with counsel to negotiate the conciliation agreement with the OFCCP.
In addition, CGA Law Firm may provide your workforce, including management, with seminars devoted to workplace diversity, including Affirmative Action. During this seminar, CGA Law Firm will highlight the importance of maintaining proper documentation in order to develop a proper applicant pool for the applicant flow log.
If you have any concern as to whether your organization must comply with the OFCCP requirements, please do not hesitate to contact CGA Law Firm’s Labor and Employment Law Department.