Estate Planning & Administration
CGA Law Firm is recognized as having one of the largest and most comprehensive estate law groups in Central Pennsylvania. Our estate planning attorneys are skilled in a wide range of legal services including income, gift, estate planning and administration, elder law, business succession and financial planning. Our attorneys offer the following services:
- Developing, drafting and implementing estate plans for individuals and families through the use of Powers of Attorneys and wills and trusts
- Working with individuals and families to design estate plans that minimize estate and income taxes
- Assisting owners of family-owned businesses in providing for orderly transitions in ownership through buy-sell agreements, family limited partnerships and family estate and business succession planning to assure that the next generation succeeds
- Administering estates and trusts, including assisting personal representatives in probate proceedings, providing postmortem estate planning and preparing federal estate and state inheritance tax returns
- Assisting in lifetime planning to preserve family wealth through tax-favored planning techniques including trusts, family partnerships and charitable giving
Our estate planning team works closely with our business and tax attorneys to fully advise our clients on all aspects of their personal and financial affairs. In addition, to ensure the most effective use of planning resources, we work with our clients' professional advisers including accountants, trust officers and insurance professionals.
Our Estate Planning Team
The team at CGA Law Firm has experience in all aspects of estate planning and administration advising individuals, families, and business owners. CGA’s team of attorneys is experienced in routinely drafting wills, living wills, and health care and financial Powers of Attorney, along with setting up and managing trusts. We also advise our clients on strategies to preserve wealth, minimize estate taxes and gifting.
We work closely with business owners to council them on succession, transferring ownership and corporate restructuring. Our estate attorneys also have experience administering decedent’s estates and trusts, assisting executors with probate proceedings, and preparing federal estate and state inheritance tax returns.
Members of the CGA estate planning team hold advanced degrees in tax law (Masters of Law in Taxation) and are well suited for advising clients on the ever changing estate tax laws and how it will impact your estate. They also hold certifications in estate planning and pension law taxation. In addition, CGA Law firm has representation on a number of Boards of Directors including the York County Estate Planning Council and the York County Community Foundation.
Our estate planning attorneys often speak to local groups and offer educational seminars regarding estate planning, estate taxes and elder law. Please contact CGA Law Firm if you are interested in scheduling an attorney to present at your event or to your organization at email@example.com or (717) 848-4900.