CGA is committed to assertively litigating disputes on behalf of its clients. However, we are also conscious of the need for compromise in certain circumstances. Compromise is sometimes appropriate, particularly due to the uncertainty and high cost of most lawsuits - both in terms of fees, the value of time and the diversion of clients' resources from normal business pursuits. The reallocation of such resources to litigation support is substantial, often over a period exceeding one year. Therefore, when counseling a client concerning such matters, we weigh and balance the client's overall business interests with the specific ones at stake in a particular judicial proceeding.
In matters of litigation where our clients have made the business judgment to pursue a claim, or have been forced to defend claims brought against them, our primary goal is to provide the best legal services available through the litigation process to preserve and protect the client's interests.
CGA also provides alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services to those attorneys and parties outside our client base. John C. Uhler, Rees Griffiths and Jack M. Hartman are all available for arbitration or mediation services where parties seek independent assistance in resolving litigation disputes.
Significant cases in which our experienced litigators have represented clients include:
- Representing banks and lending institutions in contract disputes, including pursuit of default obligations and restructuring of loan obligations
- Shareholder litigation where there have been disputes between members of partnerships and closely-held corporations, including attempts to involuntarily dissolve close corporations on "deadlock" principles
- Claims relating to the sale, purchase and operation of businesses, including breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation, breach of warranties and covenants, unfair competition and violations of restrictive covenants
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Actions relating to equitable relief, including temporary and permanent injunctive matters
- Representation of owners, general contractors and others in construction industry litigation and dispute resolution
- Actions involving personal injury or property damage as a result of negligence or products liability
- Will contests and estate litigation
- Commercial collection actions
Please contact CGA Law Firm at (717) 848-4900 or email@example.com for assistance.