Since CGA Law Firm opened its doors in the late 1960's, we have been representing public officers and municipalities. The firm represents more than 40 municipal clients throughout York and Adams Counties.
We represent these types of municipalities:
- Zoning Hearing Boards
Our attorneys serve as general counsel and special counsel to public entities and represent our clients' interests in all venues - before federal, state and local courts, state agencies, the American Arbitration Association and other administrative bodies.
The CGA team offers substantive expertise in all areas of municipal law. We have handled a variety of matters on behalf of our public clients.
We offer these legal services:
- Representation at Public Meetings
- Drafting of Contracts and Agreements
- Advising on Budget Issues
- Construction Matters/Litigation
- Sunshine Act Issues
- Contract Negotiations
- Bidding Issues
- Land Use and Zoning Issues (including enforcement and appeals)
- Subdivision and Land Development
- Drafting and Enforcement of Ordinances
- Drafting Resolutions
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code and all related statutes
- Eminent Domain
- Farm and Natural Land Conservation and Easements
- Municipal Collections
- Code Enforcement
- Personnel Matters
- Redevelopment Plans Adoptions and Amendments
- Property Acquisition Strategy and Negotiations
- Issuance of Bonds
- General Plan Updates and Amendments
- Advising in Right-to-Know Law requests/issues
We understand the importance of staying up to date on the latest developments in federal and state law. As developments arise we advise you on how the law pertains to your local government. Our municipal attorneys are members of the Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs and the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors. In addition, we regularly attend seminars on municipal topics, both on a state and local level, and subscribe to several municipal law publications. To keep our clients well-informed on timely issues, CGA Law Firm publishes a municipal newsletter and offers informative seminars.
Our municipal law practice is designed to provide thorough and practical legal advice to entities faced with a wide variety of legal and governmental issues. Our efforts are designed to support local officials by offering them guidance, but only when needed. We provide legal representation with an approach that is also fair to citizens and sensitive to their concerns.
Municipal leaders need sound legal advice from attorneys that can anticipate and address the requirements of today’s challenges. Let CGA Law Firm provide you with the service and commitment that your municipality needs to successfully serve its constituents.
To include CGA Law Firm in your next bid for solicitor, please contact us at (717) 848-4900 or email@example.com.