Since our beginning in the late 1960s, the municipal lawyers at CGA Law Firm have been representing public officers and municipalities. Throughout York and Adams County we represent more than 40 municipal clients.
Our attorneys represent the following municipalities:
- Zoning Hearing Boards
Our lawyers serve as general counsel and as special counsel to public entities and represent your interests in all venues - before Federal, state and local courts, state agencies, the American Arbitration Association and other administrative bodies.
The CGA team offers substantive expertise in all areas of municipal law. We have handled numerous matters on behalf of our public clients throughout the years.
Legal services we can provide to government entities:
- Representation at Council Meetings
- Drafting of Contracts and Agreements
- Budget Appeals
- Construction Matters
- Open Public Meetings Act Disputes
- Contract Negotiations
- Bid Questions
- Land Use and Zoning Issues (including enforcement and appeals)
- Increment Withholdings
- Tenure Revocations
- Reduction in Staff
- Subdivision and Land Development
- Ordinances - Draft, Amend and Enforcement
- Ordinance Resolution
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code and all related statutes, including:
- Sewage Facilities Act
- Clean Streams Law
- Municipal Claims and Tax Liens Law
- Sunshine Act
- Right-To-Know Law
- Public Officials and Employees Ethics Act
- Eminent Domain
- Farm and Natural Land Conservation and Easements
- Contract Preparation and Interpretation
- Code Enforcement
- Personnel Matters
- Redevelopment Plans Adoptions and Amendments
- Property Acquisition Strategy and Negotiations
- Issuance of Bonds
- General Plan Updates and Amendments
We understand the importance of staying up to date on the latest developments in state law. As developments arise we advise you on how the law pertains to your local government. Members of the CGA municipal law practice group hold memberships in the municipal law section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, as well as the Pennsylvania Borough Solicitor’s Association and the Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs. Additional memberships have been secured for Township matters, including the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors. Further, we regularly attend seminars on municipal topics, both on a state and local level, and subscribe to several municipal law publications.
Our municipal law practice is designed to provide thorough and practical legal advice to entities faced with a wide variety of legal and governmental issues. Our efforts are designed to support local officials by offering them guidance, but only when needed. In addition, we provide legal representation with an approach that is also fair to citizens and sensitive to their concerns.
Municipal leaders need sound legal advice that can anticipate and address the requirements of today’s challenges. Let CGA Law Firm provide you with the service and commitment that your municipality needs to successfully serve its constituents.
To include CGA Law Firm in your next bid for solicitor, please contact our municipal law group.