John Flinchbaugh – (Of Counsel) earned his Master’s in Taxation from Villanova University in 1993 and has more than 30 years of experience in advising clients on business and estate matters. Coupling this knowledge with his experience in business law, higher-end estate planning
John provides counsel in all aspects of estate and gift tax planning, as well as income tax matters involving trusts and estates. He assists fiduciaries with administrative duties, such as preparing and submitting accounting and transferring assets. For his higher-end estate planning clients, John develops strategies that transfer significant wealth at reduced transfer tax costs, including structured annual gifting programs, keeping trusts, qualified personal residence trusts and intra-family sales.
Provides Assistance With:
- Administration of estates and postmortem tax planning
- Drafting of wills, revocable living trusts, Powers of Attorney, advance directives and other related documents
- Charitable trust arrangements and other irrevocable trusts
- Formation of family limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Formation of business entities
Additionally, John specializes in working with small and medium–sized companies and professional clients to provide business succession planning in the acquisition and disposition of businesses.
- Bowlers Supply, Inc.
- Counsel Trust Company
- Flinchbaugh Engineering, Inc.
- PennAir and Hydraulics
Direct Phone Number
- For Sight Vision, former Chair of the Board of Directors
- York Area Housing Group, Board of Directors and former Chair
- York Symphony Orchestra, former Board of Directors
- Penn State York, former Adjunct Tax Instructor – Income Taxation, Wills, Trusts and Estates
- York County Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section
- LL.M. in Taxation (Master of Laws), Villanova University School of Law, 1993
- J.D., Penn State University, Dickinson School of Law,1970
- B.A., Grove City College, 1967
- Small and Mid-Size Businesses