We miss our beloved founder, colleague, and friend.
Peter Andrews, 82, passed away on Tuesday, May 24, 2022. Pete practiced law for 55 years and was one of the three attorneys who founded CGA Law Firm. As an attorney, he provided legal counsel to many businesses and municipal entities, representing clients in commercial, banking, and public finance transactions. Pete retired from his legal practice in Spring 2021.
Pete was a long-standing and highly regarded attorney within the firm and the community. He participated in many professional activities in York and especially enjoyed his involvement in the Industrial Economic Development Association and the York Revolution Stadium. Pete’s colleagues described him as someone with good humor and panache because he rarely lost his temper and handled new situations with grace and style. He savored experiences, which is why he loved great food, wine, theater, music, traveling with friends, and spending time with his family.
Although we grieve for our friend, we take comfort in knowing that his life was full of love, passion, and new adventures.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the extended Andrews family.
Read Peter’s obituary here: https://www.yorkdispatch.com/obituaries/mpa088240
Learn more about Peter’s life here: https://www.cgalaw.com/cga-founding-member-retires/
A celebration of life will be held Saturday, June 18, 2022, from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Country Club of York, 1400 Country Club Road, York, Pa.
Donations can be sent in his honor to the York County SPCA, Farm Natural Lands Trust, or other charitable organizations.
Arrangements by the Etzweiler Funeral Homes and Cremation Service, 1111 E. Market St., York, PA 17403. www.etzweilerfuneralhome.com
Read Pete Andrews’ obituary here: https://www.ydr.com/obituaries/mpa088240
Peter R. Andrews was one of the founding shareholders of CGA Law Firm. He began practicing with the firm in 1967, which was formerly known as Laucks & Monroe. Pete provided legal counsel to all types of businesses and municipal entities. He represented clients in commercial, banking, and public finance transactions for 53 years. Pete was adept at developing a keen understanding of his client’s business challenges and goals and took pride in providing invaluable solutions to meet their needs. His experience allowed him to join his business clients’ needs with the community and civic goals to the benefit of all parties.
Pete Routinely Handled the Following Types of Matters:
- Public finance matters and loan negotiation
- Bond issues, stock sales, and transfers
- Business counseling, entity formation, and corporate governance
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
Pete was experienced in all aspects of municipal finance. He served as underwriter’s counsel, issuer’s counsel, trustee’s counsel, and bond insurer’s counsel in virtually every area of both tax-exempt and taxable public finance. He represented the York County Industrial Development Authority and General Authority of South Central Pennsylvania for years. Typical financing projects included multi-family housing, health care institutions, public parks, and industrial parks. In addition, Pete represented numerous sewer authorities and condominium developers and associations throughout York County.
Pete continued to offer counsel and guidance on cases in his many areas of expertise after his retirement.
- Represented the General Authority of South Central Pennsylvania in the issuance of $250,000,000 bonds for the WellSpan Health expansion project
- Prepared condominium documents for and represent numerous condominium projects and associations
- Represented York County Economic Development Corporation in the acquisition, financing, and construction of the Philadelphia Street Industrial Plaza
- Represented the General Authority of South Central Pennsylvania in the issuance of $75,000,000 bonds for the York County Judicial Center
- Represented York County Industrial Authority in the planning and construction of the York Revolution’s “People Bank Baseball Park.”
- J.D., Dickinson School of Law, 1964
- B.A., Dickinson College, 1961
- U.S. Army, Captain with Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Pentagon