Charles Calkins devotes a substantial portion of his practice to representing corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships and limited liability corporations. He handles matters involving, asset purchases, stock transfers, PA Liquor Control Board matters, probate and estate planning matters and the buying and selling of commercial and residential real estate. Charles also represents clients regarding personal injury matters, including workers compensation.
Charles represents a number of corporations, including Mi-Kee-Tro Metal Manufacturing, Wecker’s Flooring, Ken Weaver Meats, Inc., Clinton Industries, Inc., The Roosevelt Tavern, McCleary’s Irish Pub & Hotel, Inc., Materials Recovery Technologies, Inc., Gentzler & Smith Associates, Inc., Nello Tire, King and Associates Physical Therapy, Inc., Vito’s Pizza, Big Jim’s Seafood House, Range End Country Club, Inc., Ken Weaver Meats, Inc., and The Railroad House … just to name a few.
Charles is a graduate of Wyoming Seminary College Preparatory School. He received his undergraduate degree from Wilkes University and his Juris Doctorate from George Mason University School of Law. Charles is a member of the PA and York County Bar Associations and is admitted to the U.S. Middle and Eastern District Courts and the United States Supreme Court.
For over 29 years, Charles has played a key role in two major fundraisers for the York County Special Olympics. He has been serving on the Advisory Board for the York Citadel of the Salvation Army for over 22 years, and after ten years of service he is still serving as its Chairman. Charles also served as Chairman of the York Adams Mental Health-Mental Retardation Drug and Alcohol Advisory Board for 15 years. He is a member of the York Masonic Lodge #266 and a past President and current Trustee of The York County Shrine Club.
Direct Phone Number
- For over 29 years played a key role in two major fundraisers for the York County Special Olympics
- On the Advisory Board for the York Citadel of the Salvation Army for over 22 years
- Currently serving over ten year as the Chairman for the York Citadel of the Salvation Army
- Chairman of the York Adams Mental Health-Mental Retardation Drug and Alcohol Advisory Board for 15 years
- Member of the York Masonic Lodge #266
- Past President and current Trustee of The York County Shrine Club
- Wyomising Seminary College Proprietary School
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law
- B.S., Wilkes University
- York County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Salvation Army, Chairman of the Advisory Board of Directors
- York County Shrine Club, Trustee and former President
- Special Olympics, Volunteer Event Chair
- York County Masonic Lodge #266
- York Adams Mental Health-Mental Retardation Drug and Advisory Board,