Ronald Perry has returned to CGA Law Firm as an “Of Counsel” attorney in 2021. Ron has been advising clients on matters related to business, taxation, real estate, and estate planning for over forty years.
Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Ron relocated to York upon admission to the Pennsylvania Bar in 1978. He began his law career as a solo practitioner, before becoming a CGA Law Firm partner in 1990, He also served as an Assistant District Attorney for York County and as Assistant Solicitor for the York County Tax Assessment Office.
In 1982, Ron was awarded his Master of Laws and Letters in Taxation by Temple University School of Law. He has used his advanced tax training to help his business and estate planning clients; to represent those individuals and companies unfortunate enough to run afoul of our state and federal tax laws; and to guide his clients through the regulatory maze of tax-deferred, like-kind real estate exchanges.
Between his time at CGA, Ron spent nearly two decades as a named partner with the Law Firm of Katherman and Perry providing clients with personalized attention and giving each case the care that it deserved.
A representative list of Ron’s clients include:
- Lumi Trak, Incorporated
- H & H General Excavation Company, Inc.
- Precision Cut Industries, Inc.
- Centurion Construction Group, LLC
- Family Medicine Associates of York, P.C.
- The Caskey Group, LLCBlockhouse Furniture, Inc.
- Patton Veterinary Hospital
- American Products, Inc.
- Rhino Realty Group, Inc.
- Sapio Sciences, LLC
- Marine Tech Wire and Cable, Inc.
- Yoe Concrete Industrial Services, Inc.
Ron is active in the York County Bar Association, serving on multiple committees and as co-chairman of the Section on Real Estate. He is a long-time member of the York County Estate Planning Council and has volunteered with various non-profit organizations in York including serving on the boards of the York County Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, Self Help Counseling, the York Literacy Council and York County Junior Achievement.
- Temple University School of Law, LL.M. (Tax) – 1982
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D. – 1978
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, B.A. Political Science – 1974
Honors & Awards
- Who’s Who in American Law
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
• York County Bar Association
• York County Estate Planning Council
• York County Council on Alcoholism & Drug Abuse, Self Help Counseling, Board Member
• York Literacy Council