Charles B. Calkins devotes a substantial portion of his practice to representing corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, and limited liability corporations. He handles matters involving asset purchases, stock transfers, PA Liquor Control Board matters, probate and estate planning matters, and the buying and selling of commercial and residential real estate.
Charlie also represents clients regarding personal injury matters. For thirty years, Charlie represented insurance companies defending their insureds from claims by accident victims. His experience in defending these types of claims has assisted him in developing a substantial personal injury practice, representing clients who have sustained injuries stemming from motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, dog bite cases, and premises liability cases. His clients are by referral only. His prior experience representing insurance companies makes him a well-versed adversary to insurance defense attorneys and claims adjusters due to his extensive prior experience.
Attorney Charlie Calkins represents a number of corporations, social clubs, and restaurants, including: Garrod Hydraulics, Inc.; Delta Packaging; Wecker’s Flooring; Ken Weaver Meats, Inc.; Clinton Industries, Inc.; The Pub and Restaurant in Gettysburg, PA; The Roosevelt Tavern; McCleary’s Irish Pub & Hotel, Inc.; Materials Recovery Technologies, Inc.; Gentzler & Smith Associates, Inc.; Nello Tire; King and Associates Physical Therapy, Inc.; Big Jim’s Seafood House; Range End Country Club, Inc.; the York County Restaurant and Tavern Association; The Railroad House; and Engles and Fahs, Inc.
Charlie is a graduate of Wyoming Seminary College Preparatory School. He received his undergraduate degree from Wilkes University and his Juris Doctorate from George Mason University School of Law. He is a member of the PA and York County Bar Associations and is admitted to the U.S. Middle and Eastern District Courts and the United States Supreme Court. For thirty years, Attorney Calkins played a key role in two major fundraisers for the York County Special Olympics. He has been serving on the Advisory Board for the York Citadel of the Salvation Army for twenty-five years and is currently serving his twelfth year as its Chairman. Charlie also served as Chairman of the York Adams Mental Health & Mental Retardation Drug and Alcohol Advisory Board for fifteen years. He is a member of the York Masonic Lodge #266 and a past President and current Trustee of The York County Shrine Club.
Direct Phone Number
- York Adams Mental Health-Mental Retardation Drug and Alcohol Advisory Board, Chairman for over 15 years
- York Citadel of the Salvation Army, York Citadel
- Advisory Board for over 25 years
- Chairman for over 12 years
- The York County Shrine Club, Past President and current Trustee
- York County Special Olympics, key fundraiser for over 30 years
- York Masonic Lodge #266, member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Salvation Army, Chairman of the Advisory Board of Directors
- Special Olympics, Volunteer Event Chair
- York Adams Mental Health-Mental Retardation Drug and Advisory Board,
- York County Masonic Lodge #266
- York County Bar Association
- York County Shrine Club, Trustee and former President
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law
- B.S., Wilkes University
- Wyomising Seminary College Proprietary School
Awards and Honors
- 2023 Distinguished rating from Martindale Hubbell, which ”indicates the attorney is widely respected by their peers for high professional achievement and ethical standards”