Craig Sharnetzka is the current President of CGA Law Firm. He focuses his practice in the areas of municipal law, real estate, bankruptcy and estate planning and administration. Craig previously chaired the firm’s municipal law department.
Through his municipal law practice, Craig represents a number of municipalities in the capacity of a solicitor. He routinely drafts ordinances, resolutions, contracts and advises council members and elected and appointed officials and employees in matters such as open meeting laws, planning, zoning, and other land use issues, economic development, personnel, capacity, and other matters.
Craig’s bankruptcy practice serves the needs of both consumer and corporate clients. He has experience in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy filings. As for consumers facing financial hardship, not only can he help you file
He also represents the interests of creditors’ in bankruptcy proceedings. He is experienced in debt collection techniques and has enjoyed tremendous success in collecting both secured and unsecured debts through the use of legal means, including liens, structured repayments, and litigation, when necessary.
Additionally, Craig is able to draw upon the experience of other attorneys in CGA Law Firm, weaving together integrated client
Craig was recently named to the 2023 Power List for Law from Central Penn Business Journal.
- Handled numerous variance and special exception applications.
- Assisted in the negotiation of municipal waste contracts and services.
- Assisted small family business in negotiating reorganization and workout while continuing operations and preserving 30 jobs.
- Helped numerous Chapter 13 clients to reorganize their finances in order to save homes from foreclosure, cars from repossession and
to resolvetax obligations.
- Delta Borough
- Fawn Township
- Fawn Grove Borough
- North Codorus Township Sewer Authority
- Peach Bottom Township
- Stewartstown Borough
Direct Phone Number
- Southern York County Rotary
- American Red Cross – Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
- J.D., Dickinson School of Law – 1999. Dickinson Journal of International Law, Author – 1998.
- B.A., Lebanon Valley College, magna cum laude – 1996.
Awards and Honors
- 2023 Distinguished rating from Martindale Hubbell, which ”indicates the attorney is widely respected by their peers for high professional achievement and ethical standards”
- Named to the 2023 Power List for Law from Central Penn Business Journal, which honors “those who shape our communities and influence our quality of life through the legal foundations on which our society was built and depends upon.”
- Named 2006, 2010 and 2013 Rising Stars in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- 2008 Pennsylvania Bar Association Pro Bono Award
- 2008 York County Bar Foundation Special Pro Bono Award