Frank Henisse Countess is a shareholder with CGA Law Firm. He concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, business law, commercial transactions, estate planning, and administration. Frank was the chair of CGA Law Firm’s Real Estate group for seventeen years, and is a licensed real estate broker and licensed title insurance agent. He also serves as a member of The York County Board of View, which resolves real estate disputes that arise in the York County Court of Common Pleas.
Frank is a supporter and board member of numerous nonprofit organizations within York County. He is an advocate of economic development in downtown York and has been involved in various public and private projects aimed at revitalizing York City. In May 2017, Mayor Kim Bracey appointed Frank to the York City Redevelopment Authority Board. In 2018, the York County Commissioners appointed Frank to the York County Land Bank Authority. A life-long resident of York, he is both passionate about and vested in the community.
Frank has been recognized with numerous awards over the years. One award that was especially meaningful to Frank was awarded to him in 2018; Frank and his family were honored with the Heart of Change Community Service Award from Crispus Attucks Association. The Heart of Change Award is conferred annually to a person or group who has had the most significant impact on Crispus Attucks and the York community. In the fall of 2020, he was awarded the 2020 Leadership York’s Outstanding Alumnus of the Year. Each year, Leadership York recognizes one outstanding alumnus for their contributions to the greater good in our community.
Frank is gifted in utilizing his knowledge of the law and his business expertise to assist individuals and business owners with their professional and personal matters. He helps them see any “big picture” issues that affect them and their assets, including: estate planning and tax matters; real estate acquisition and liquidation; succession planning; business entity formations and contractual matters. He works closely with other CGA attorneys in litigation, employment law, bankruptcy, and family law groups to best meet his clients’ needs. Above all, Frank is committed to developing an intimate knowledge and understanding of their goals, which allows him to serve as a trusted advisor regarding any legal matter they may face.
- A.A.A. Development
- AquaPhoenix Scientific, Inc.
- Crispus Attucks Association
- Dermatology Associates, Inc.
- Extreme Holdings, Inc./do it outdoors media, LLC/
- First National Bank
- The Fertility Center, LLC
- Investment Real Estate, LLC
- Jack Giambalvo Motor Company
- Latinos Unidos of York
- Leader Surgical Center, Inc.
- Military & Commercial Fasteners Corporation
- Orrstown Bank
- Royal Square Development & Construction, Inc. (RSDC)
- Stetler Chrysler Dodge Jeep
- Thornton Chevrolet, Inc.
- Wagman Metal Products, Inc.
- White Rose Realty, LLC
- York Railway Co.
- Executive Finance Program, Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, 2003
- International Law Program, University of Detroit, London, UK, 1992
- J.D., Dickinson School of Law, 1992
- B.A., Lehigh University, 1989
Graduateof Leadership York’s Leadership Training Program
Awards and Honors
- Central Pennsylvania Business Journal, Legal Excellence Award in Leaders in Law (2021)
- Leadership York 2020 Alumnus of the Year
- Crispus Attucks Heart of Change Community Service Award recipient, 2018
- Central Pennsylvania Business Journal, Forty Under 40
- Central Pennsylvania Business Journal, Power 30 for Law and Lobbyist (2022)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- York College of Pennsylvania, Board of Trustees
- Redevelopment Authority of the City of York, Board of Directors
- Central Market, Board of Directors (former)
- Latinos Unidos of York, Board of Directors (former)
- York County Estate Planning Council
- Better York, Inc., Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Crispus Attucks Association, Finance Committee (former)
- York Area Housing Group, Finance Committee
- York County Land Bank Authority
- York County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, former President
- William C. Goodridge Freedom Center, Board of Directors
- Notary Club of York
- York Country Day School, Board of Directors
- RAYAC (Realtors Association of York and Adams Counties)
- Real Estate Development
- Medical Practices
- Automobile Dealerships