Frank Henisse Countess is a Shareholder with CGA Law Firm. He concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate law and estate planning, and administration. Frank was the chair of CGA Law Firm’s Real Estate group for seventeen years, and is a licensed real estate broker and licensed title insurance agent. He also serves as a member of The York County Board of View, which resolves real estate disputes that arise in the York County Court of Common Pleas.
Frank is a supporter and board member of numerous nonprofit organizations within York County. He is an advocate of economic development in downtown York and has been involved in various public and private projects aimed at revitalizing York City. Since May 2017, Frank has continuously been appointed to the York City Redevelopment Authority Board. The York County Commissioners first appointed Frank to the York County Land Bank Authority in 2018 and he is serving his third 4-year term which will end in December 2026. A life-long resident of York, he is both passionate about and vested in the community.
Frank has been recognized with numerous awards over the years. One award that was especially meaningful was the Heart of Change Community Service Award from Crispus Attucks Association in 2018. The Heart of Change Award is conferred annually to a person or group who has had the most significant impact on Crispus Attucks and the York community. Frank was also awarded Leadership York’s 2020 Outstanding Alumnus of the Year. Each year, Leadership York recognizes one outstanding alumnus for their contributions to the greater good in our community. In 2022, the Central Pennsylvania Business Journal editors selected Frank for their Power 30 for Law and Lobbyists award.
Frank is gifted in utilizing his knowledge of the law and his business expertise to assist individuals and business owners with their professional and personal matters. He helps them see any “big picture” issues that affect them and their assets, including estate planning and tax matters; real estate acquisition and liquidation; succession planning; business entity formations and contractual matters. He works closely with other CGA attorneys in litigation, employment law, bankruptcy, and family law groups to best meet his clients’ needs.
Above all, Frank is committed to developing an intimate knowledge and understanding of their goals, which allows him to serve as a trusted advisor regarding any legal matter they may face.
- A.A.A. Development
- AquaPhoenix Scientific, Inc.
- Crispus Attucks Association
- Dermatology Associates, Inc.
- Extreme Holdings, Inc./do it outdoors media, LLC/
- The Fertility Center, LLC
- Investment Real Estate, LLC
- Jack Giambalvo Motor Company
- Latinos Unidos of York
- Leader Surgical Center, Inc.
- Military & Commercial Fasteners Corporation
- Royal Square Development & Construction, Inc. (RSDC)
- Stetler Chrysler Dodge Jeep
- Thornton Chevrolet, Inc.
- Wagman Metal Products, Inc.
- White Rose Realty, LLC
- York Railway Co.
- Central Market, Board of Directors (former)
- Crispus Attucks Association, Finance Committee (former)
- Latinos Unidos of York, Board of Directors (former)
- Rotary Club of York
- William C. Goodridge Freedom Center, Board of Directors
- York Country Day School, Chair of the Board
- Better York, Inc., Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Redevelopment Authority of the City of York, Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- RAYAC (Realtors Association of York and Adams Counties)
- York Area Housing Group, Finance Committee
- York College of Pennsylvania, Board of Trustees
- York County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section, former President
- York County Estate Planning Council
- York County Land Bank Authority
Graduateof Leadership York’s Leadership Training Program
- Executive Finance Program, Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, 2003
- International Law Program, University of Detroit, London, UK, 1992
- J.D., Dickinson School of Law, 1992
- B.A., Lehigh University, 1989
Awards and Honors
- Notable rating from Martindale Hubbell for peer-recognized “strong ethical standards,” 2023
- Central Pennsylvania Business Journal, Power 30 for Law and Lobbyists (2022)
- York Daily Record, 2022 Most Influential Lawyers, Honorable Mention
- Central Pennsylvania Business Journal, Legal Excellence Award in Leaders in Law (2021)
- Leadership York 2020 Alumnus of the Year
- Crispus Attucks Heart of Change Community Service Award recipient, 2018
- Central Pennsylvania Business Journal, Forty Under 40, 2002
- Automobile Dealerships
- Medical Practices
- Real Estate Development