John R. Wilson has been an attorney with CGA Law Firm since October of 2021. John focuses his legal practice in the areas of litigation, collections, land use, municipal, and real estate law, as well as estate planning and administration. John currently provides legal representation to hundreds of individual, municipal, and corporate clients throughout the South Central Pennsylvania region. John is adamant about providing personal and quality legal service to each client, which he accomplishes by listening to the client’s needs, implementing a strategy that will further these goals, and timely communicating updates on the status of the case.
As a civil trial attorney, John has substantial experience representing clients and orally advocating before judges, juries, administrative agencies, local governing bodies, zoning hearing boards, and the like. John has represented his clients at all levels of the Pennsylvania court system, including magisterial district courts, courts of common pleas, the Superior Court, the Commonwealth Court, and the Supreme Court. Through his litigation and collections practice, John has obtained millions of dollars in settlement awards for his clients. During times of chaos and controversy, John will calmly provide his clients with sound legal counsel while zealously advocating on their behalf.
John is a life-long York County resident. John grew up in Lower Chanceford Township, and he and his wife Carolyn now live in the Red Lion area. When not representing clients, John enjoys competing in and spectating all things sports, listening to podcasts, reading good books, and playing strategy board games with family and friends.
- Carroll Township Zoning Hearing Board
- Chanceford Township
- North Hopewell Township
- Winterstown Borough
- Gretchen Wolf Swartz Scholarship Fund, Board of Directors
- MidPenn Legal Services, Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
- J.D., National Security Law and Policy, George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School
- National Security Law Journal, Editor
- Scalia Law Merit Scholarship
- B.S., Cellular Biology cum laude, Bob Jones University
- National Champion, NCCAA Div. II Men’s Soccer, 2016
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges Award
News and Insight Articles
- “My House Was Sold at an Upset Tax Sale”: What To Do?
- Attorney John Wilson Joins MidPenn Legal Services Board of Directors
- Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Biden Administration’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan
- Clean and Green Program: Consequences for Changes in Ownership or Use
- Attorney Wilson Presents “The Mayor, the Chief, and the Law: Best Practices for Avoiding Civil Lawsuits”