Brent C. Diefenderfer is a shareholder with CGA Law Firm℠. He practices a client-first approach in the practice of law. Brent identifies multiple courses of action, gives straightforward advice and diligently works to achieve results. He is detail oriented and ensures his clients’ matters are handled correctly, efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
Brent’s diverse clientele includes individuals, businesses and government entities in the following representative matters:
- Bankruptcy, Debt Restructuring & Financial “Workouts.” – Brent is certified as a Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification and is one of only 25 attorneys throughout the Commonwealth to hold this designation. He represents individual and business clients in implementing a debt reduction strategy that is appropriate to their unique situation, including bankruptcy under Chapters 7, 13 or 11 of the Bankruptcy Code, creditor negotiation, mortgage loan modification or real estate “short sale.” His bankruptcy practice has saved dozens of clients’ homes and cars from foreclosure and repossession, has resolved burdensome tax obligations, and has given scores of clients a “fresh start” and debt-free future.
- Asset Protection – Brent advises clients on structuring their personal and business affairs to minimize risk and to protect and preserve valuable assets.
- Estate Planning – Brent develops and implements estate plans for individuals and families to preserve family wealth through tax-favored planning techniques including wills, trusts, family partnerships and charitable giving.
- Business Law. – Brent represents businesses and is a trusted advisor on issues including choice of business entity, commercial leases and the complex steps of a business purchase and asset acquisition.
- Real Estate Law – Brent represents clients in residential and commercial real estate purchases, refinances, title insurance and landlord tenant matters.
Prior to joining CGA Law Firm, Brent served as an active-duty Army Officer and Judge Advocate (JAG) Attorney. He brings to his civilian practice an invaluable and well-rounded experience ranging from advising senior military officers on complex legal issues to litigating contested jury trials. Brent held the rank of Captain and served as a Trial Defense Counsel at Fort Bragg, North Carolina where he defended soldiers of the 82nd Airborne Division and U.S. Army Special Forces Command in over 30 jury and bench trials, many of which resulted in acquittals for his clients. In 2005, Brent was deployed to Iraq for a year as part of the elite 101st Airborne Division “Screaming Eagles.” He acted as the lead counsel for all legal claims brought by Iraqi citizens against the U.S. Government within a 6,000 square mile combat zone. Later, Brent served as general counsel for his Commanding General and installation’s administrative agencies by advising them regarding fiscal, employment and administrative law related matters.
Direct Phone Number
- York Young Professionals
- Solicitor, Lutheran Camping Corporation of Central Pennsylvania, former member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer
Awards and Honors
- Specialist in Consumer Bankruptcy, American Board of Certification
- J.D., Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University – 2004
- B.A., Dickinson College, cum laude – 2001
- York County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Middle District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys