Larry Young is a shareholder with CGA Law Firm and currently chairs the firm’s Bankruptcy and Debt Restructuring group. He focuses his practice on consumer bankruptcy matters, Chapter 11 and corporate reorganizations, debt restructuring and workouts. Larry is certified as a Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification, and is one of only 25 attorneys who have this designation throughout the Commonwealth. He is also the solicitor for Manchester Township.
Larry is Experienced in Handling:
- Representation of consumers in Chapters 7 and 13
- Chapter 11 filings for small businesses
- Business reorganizations, liquidation
- Acquisition of distressed assets and debts from bankruptcy
- Foreclosures and related real estate transactions
- Chapter 7 Trustee work and related litigation
- Representation of farmers in Chapter 12
For the 16th consecutive year (2006-2021), Larry has been selected to the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, which is published in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine and the Philadelphia magazine. Annually, the research team at Super Lawyers, a service of the Thomson Reuters Legal Division, conducts a peer review survey, independent evaluation and research to determine a ranking system, and the top 5% in their respective fields are honored. Larry has been named as one of the top consumer bankruptcy attorneys in Pennsylvania.
Larry is currently a member of the Panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, having served as a Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 Trustee since 1978. Additionally, he served as Panel Chapter 13 Trustee for 10 years. As a Trustee, Larry accepts assignments from the Department of Justice to review bankruptcy filings and administer assets where appropriate.
CGA Law Firm’s bankruptcy department, which Larry chairs , is ranked as a “Tier 1 in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization Law” by the U.S. News and World Report. This ranking is based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys, and a review of additional information provided by law firms in the region. The bankruptcy department’s Tier 1 status contributed to CGA Law Firm being ranked as a Tier 1 Law Firm on the 2019 Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list.
Larry has written and lectured on bankruptcy law topics for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Middle District Bankruptcy Bar Association, the York County Bar Association, at York College of Pennsylvania (as part of the business law program), at the Widener School of Law, for the Pennsylvania Association of Tax Collectors, at the Third Circuit Judicial Conference, to the Pennsylvania Magistrate District Judges, and to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue, Office of Chief Counsel.
He served a six-year term on a Hearing Committee for the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania from 1999-2005, chairing the Committee in the final two years. Larry continues to achieve Tier 1 ranking in U.S. News Best Lawyers for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law in the Harrisburg Region from 2019-2021.
Larry is the President of the Board of the Middle District Bankruptcy Bar Association. He is the past president of the York County Bar Association, the York County Bar Foundation, the Middle District Bankruptcy Bar Association and Central Pennsylvania Legal Services. He has been an active member of the Pro Bono Committee of the York County Bar Association since 1993, serving as Committee Chair for much of that time. Over the years, Larry has received numerous awards including the prestigious Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Jeffrey A. Ernico Award in 2016. This award annually celebrates the pro bono accomplishments of a Pennsylvania attorney who has provided significant legal services to those in need. Most recently, Larry was awarded the Finance Monthly Global Award 2020 for Bankruptcy.
Why Choose Bankruptcy:
Why Choose CGA to File for Bankruptcy?
- Council of Christ Lutheran Church, Treasurer
- Creative York, Vice President of the Board
- Spiritrust Lutheran, Board President
- York County Bar Foundation, Board Member and Past President
Awards and Honors
- Certified Specialist in Consumer Bankruptcy, American Board of Certification
- Clerkship, late Honorable Richard B. Kellam, Chief District Judge, Eastern District, VA, 1974-1975
- 2006-2021 ranked as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, which is published in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine and the Philadelphia magazine
- 2013 York County Bar Association Member of the year
- 2016 PBA Ernico Award – PA Pro Bono Attorney of The Year
- U.S. News Best Lawyers for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law in the Harrisburg Region (2019, 2020, and 2021)
- 2020 Finance Monthly Global Award for Bankruptcy
- J.D., Washington & Lee, 1974
- B.A.,Colgate University, 1971
- Middle District Bankruptcy Bar Association, current and former President
- York County Bar Association, former President and Board Member, Pro Bono Committee Chair
- Central Pennsylvania Legal Services, former Board President
- Manchester Township, Board of Supervisors, 2004 – 2014; Current Solicitor
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, course planner and speaker on bankruptcy issues
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Assoc. of Bankruptcy Trustees