Beth J. Kern provides legal services to Municipal, Business, Litigation, and Labor and Employment Law clients. Beth has over twelve years of professional experience. Most recently she spent nearly eight years at Flagger Force, a rapidly growing multi-state traffic control company, as a Human Resource professional. Beth uses her business acumen and experience in human resource management to gain insight into partnering with leaders and teams to develop organization strategies. She knows that the most successful solutions are developed in partnership with the people within an organization and she loves helping clients achieve their goals. In 2014, Beth earned her Professional Human Resources Certification (PHR) from HRCI and in 2015 became a Society for Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP). She maintains both professional certifications.
In 2020, Beth completed her Juris Doctorate from Widener University Commonwealth Law School. She attended law school as an evening division student, working fulltime as Legal and Compliance Manager for Flagger Force. During law school, she was a member of the Trial Advocacy Honor Society, ATLAC Trial Advocacy Team (2019 Ranked 2nd Defense Team), Trial Advocacy Honor Society Executive Board (Internal Vice President and Community Outreach Coordinator), and Agricultural Law Society (2018 – 2019 President). In 2019 Beth was involved in a municipal law practical experience course where she gained insight into municipal government and the drafting of local ordinances. Additionally, she served as an Academic Support Fellow in the area of Civil Procedure for the 2017 academic term and Interned at the Dauphin County District Attorney’s office in the Summer of 2019 and Spring of 2020. Beth received her Bachelor’s degree in Marketing with a minor in Advertising from York College of Pennsylvania. She is a proud graduate of Susquehannock High School.
Beth is a life-long York County resident. She grew up on a family farm in Southern York County that includes beef cattle, goats, and various crops. She was actively involved as a member in both local and county-wide 4-H Clubs for seven plus years.
- J.D., Widener University Commonwealth Law School, 2020
- Trial Advocacy Honor Society, 2017 – 2020
- ATLAC Trial Advocacy Team, 2018 & 2019
- Outstanding Service Award, 2020
- John A Fillion Memorial Award, 2020
- B.S., York College of Pennsylvania
- Senior Honor Society
- Harry H. Fields SCORE Award for Entrepreneurship, 2006
- York County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Women in the Profession Commission member
- The York Benevolent Association
- Member, Board of Managers
News and Insight Articles
- Everyone Gets Along, Until They Don’t – The Importance of Establishing Formal Governing Body Bylaws and Meeting Procedures
- U.S. Department of the Treasury Releases the Long-Awaited Final Rule for the American Rescue Plan Act State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
- Essential Reminder for Business Entities: 2021 Decennial Filing Deadline and Annual Record Keeping