Representing Our Growing Communities
Boardrooms to Townships since the late 1960s
Since CGA Law Firm opened its doors in the late
We understand the importance of staying up to date on the latest developments in federal and state law. As developments arise we advise you on how the law pertains to your local government. Our municipal attorneys are members of the Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs, and the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors and Pennsylvania Municipal Authority Association. In addition, we regularly attend seminars on municipal topics, both on a state and local level, and subscribe to several municipal law publications. To keep our clients well-informed on timely issues, CGA Law Firm publishes a municipal newsletter and offers informative seminars.
CGA Law Firm’s municipal law practice is designed to provide thorough and practical legal advice to entities faced with a wide variety of legal and governmental issues. Our efforts are designed to support local officials by offering them guidance, but only when needed. We provide legal representation with an approach that is also fair to citizens and sensitive to their concerns.
Our attorneys serve as general counsel and special counsel to public entities and represent our clients’ interests in all venues – before Federal, State and Local courts, State Agencies, the American Arbitration Association and other Administrative Bodies.
Municipal leaders need sound legal advice from attorneys that
We Represent These Types of Municipal Entities:
- Zoning Hearing Boards
The CGA team offers substantive expertise in all areas of municipal law. We have handled a variety of matters on behalf of our public clients.
We Offer These Legal Services:
- Advising in right-to-know law requests/issues
- Advising on budget issues
- Bidding issues
- Codes enforcement
- Commercial real estate development
- Construction matters/litigation
- Contract negotiations
- Drafting of contracts and agreements
- Drafting and enforcement of ordinances
- Drafting resolutions
- Eminent Domain
- Farm and natural land conservation and easements
- General plan updates and amendments
- Issuance of bonds
- Land use and zoning issues (including enforcement and appeals)
- Municipal collections
- Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code and all related statutes
- Personnel matters
- Property acquisition strategy and negotiations
- Redevelopment plans adoptions and amendments
- Representation at public meetings
- Subdivision and land development
- Sunshine Act issues
A list of current Municipal Clients is available upon request.