Winning a Federal Bid May Subject Your Company to an Audit.
Understanding Potential Problems and Knowing How to Carefully Draft an Affirmative Action Program Is of Great Importance
Winning a federal contract bid is rewarding and exciting. However, it may subject your company to an audit by the Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (OFCCP). CGA Law Firm understands this and has developed a procedure when counseling its federal contractor employers by enacting Affirmative Action Programs (AAP).
The AAP is a policy implemented at a federal contractor’s place of employment that promotes diversity in equal employment throughout the workplace. AAP should not be taken lightly. Carefully drafting an AAP and proper implementation of the program is of great importance to your company.
CGA Law Firm stays current on the latest OFCCP Regulations and can assist you with the proper drafting of an AAP. We will work with your company to properly apply the requirement of the AAP. Additionally, if an OFCCP audit uncovers any type of discrepancy, our attorneys can represent your company in the negotiation of a conciliation agreement with the OFCCP.
CGA Law Firm offers the following services:
- We will determine whether your company is covered by the Executive Order 11246 Section 5023 of the Rehabilitation Act or Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act.
- Our attorneys will carefully explain the three steps of the auditing process.
- We will explain preparation of and implementation of Affirmative Action Programs (AAP) in preparation for an audit.
- After the OFCCP has decided to perform an audit, our attorneys will use their knowledge and experience to carefully guide your company through the auditing process.
- If the OFCCP finds hiring discrepancies, CGA Law Firm will provide your company with counsel to negotiate the conciliation agreement with the OFCCP.
In addition, our attorneys can provide your workforce, including management, with seminars devoted to workplace diversity, including affirmative action. During these seminars, we will highlight the importance of maintaining proper documentation in order to develop a proper applicant pool for the applicant flow log.
Please contact CGA Law Firm for assistance at (717) 848-4900 or [email protected].