Stephen R. McDonald is a seasoned litigator who joined CGA Law Firm in 2017, bringing his wide-ranging background of legal experience to the firm’s Litigation group. Since joining CGA he has been involved in litigation in such diverse areas as automobile and property insurance, real property, construction contracts, estate and inheritance claims among others.
Prior to joining CGA, Stephen worked in the York County District Attorney’s Office on a multitude of different types of cases.
Stephen’s extensive experience allows him to assist his clients on a wide array of issues including:
- ARD applications
- Traffic citations and license suspensions
- Felony and misdemeanor criminal charges
- Domestic violence allegations, protections from abuse orders and indirect criminal contempt charges
- All phases of police criminal investigations
Earlier in his career, Stephen concentrated on real estate law. Ultimately, his ability to handle complex property transactions paid off and he became president of a major title company. At that time, he handled thousands of real estate transactions and developed a thorough knowledge of titles, contracts, assessments and easements. His work in the title industry also included resolving numerous claims, as well as negotiating settlements with insurance underwriters and national banks.
A graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law and an alumnae of the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Stephen began his career practicing law in Maryland. He is currently a member of the York County, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations. In addition, Stephen serves on the Shrewsbury YMCA’s Board of Directors. He is also a member of the Southern York Rotary Club and the Southern York County Business Association.
Direct Phone Number
- Shrewsbury YWCA, Board of Directors
- Southern York Rotary
Club SouthernYork County Business Association
- J.D., The University of Baltimore School of Law, 1996
- B.A., University of North Carolina, 1991
- York County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Shrewsbury YMCA, Board of Directors
- Southern York Rotary Club
- Southern York County Business Association