An Experienced Team of Attorneys
Advising Individuals, Families, and Business Owners
CGA Law Firm is recognized as having one of the largest and most comprehensive estate law groups in Central Pennsylvania. Our estate planning attorneys are skilled in a wide range of legal services including income, gift, estate planning and administration, elder law, business succession
Members of the CGA estate planning team hold advanced degrees is tax law (Masters of Law in Taxation) and are well suited for advising clients on the ever changing estate tax laws and how it will impact your estate. They also hold certifications in estate planning and pension law taxation. In addition, CGA Law Firm has representation on a number of Board of Directors including the York County Estate Planning Council and the York County Community Foundation.
Our Estate Planning Attorneys are Skilled in a Wide Range of Legal Services Including:
- Administering estates and trusts
- Assisting in lifetime planning to preserve wealth
- Assisting personal representatives in probate proceedings
- Business succession
- Elder law
- Estate planning and administration
- Financial planning
- Living Wills
- Minimize estate and income taxes
- Postmortem estate planning
- Powers of attorney
- Preparing federal estate and state inheritance tax returns
- Set up and management of trusts
- Strategies to preserve wealth
- Tax-favored planning techniques (Trusts, family partnerships and charitable giving)
- Transferring business ownership (Through buy-sell agreements, family limited partnerships and family estate and business succession planning)
- Wills and Trusts
Our estate planning team works closely with our business and tax attorneys to fully advise our clients on all aspects of their personal and financial affairs. In addition, to ensure the most effective use of planning resources, we work with our clients’ professional advisers including accountants, trust officers
Our estate planning team
The team at CGA Law Firm has experience in all aspects of estate planning and administration advising individuals, families, and business owners. CGA’s team of attorneys are experienced in routinely drafting wills, living wills, and health care and financial Powers of Attorney, along with setting up and managing trusts. We also advise our
We work closely with business owners to counsel them on succession, transferring ownership and corporate restructuring. Our estate attorneys also have experience administering decedent’s estates and trusts, assisting executors with probate proceedings, and preparing federal estate and state inheritance tax returns.
Members of the CGA estate planning team hold advanced degrees in tax law (Masters of Law in Taxation) and are well suited for advising clients on the ever-changing estate tax laws and how it will impact your estate. They also hold certifications in estate planning and pension law taxation. In addition, CGA Law firm has representation on a
Our estate planning attorneys often speak to local groups and offer educational seminars regarding estate planning, estate taxes, and elder law. Please contact CGA Law Firm if you are interested in scheduling an attorney to present at your event or to your organization at email@example.com or (717) 848-4900.
CGA Law Firm’s Ethics Policy
CGA Law Firm Cares!
We Take Our Ethical Duties To You Seriously.
CGA Law Firm follows the Pennsylvania Bar Association Rules of Professional Conduct, as well as the special ethical standards recommended by the National Academy of Elder law Attorneys (NAELA). The NAELA Aspirational Standards are specifically designed to address unique issues which can arise when attorneys serve and assist seniors or persons with disabilities.
CGA recognizes that we owe our clients the professional duties of confidentiality, diligence, loyalty and competency. In order to implement these duties, we have put certain procedures in place. Our disclosure documents, engagement agreements, and file records are designed to demonstrate our adherence to our ethical responsibilities to you.
As part of our ethical responsibility to you, we promise you the following:
- To work in your best interest in a holistic approach, considering and addressing both your immediate legal issues and other extra-legal needs including your autonomy, rights and personal freedom, access to high-quality care, and family and financial support;
- To serve you as our client and to assure that we address your needs with the legal competence, diligence, loyalty, and care that you deserve;
- To assure that we act correctly towards your fiduciary agents such as your power-of-attorney and health care agents, and assure that er work with them only in your best interest;
- To establish a relationship with you that assures that conflicts of interest are avoided and that our duties of loyalty and confidentiality are always to you; and
- To provide you with documents, including a representation agreement, that are fair, understandable, and in your best interest.
We strive to follow the highest ethical standards in order to serve you best. For that reason, our initial consultation may require a meeting between attorney and client only, with other friends and family excluded, in order to establish a clear attorney – client relationship. We can then make future disclosures to your family and friends with your approval, and advocate for your goals, saftey and support, and best interest. By being clear about who our clients is, we can best protect you and all others concerned.
Ethical Representation Makes Good Sense!
Should you have any questions regarding CGA Law Firm’s Legal Ethics, please ask when we meet.